- dues dues [djuːz ǁ duːz] noun [plural]regular payments made to an organization such as a professional association or trade union by its members; = subscription Bre:
• Institute dues, which average $112 per member, were last raised three years ago.ˈdock dues TRANSPORTcharges paid to a port by a shipping company that uses it to load or unload goods:
• the dock dues levied by the port authority on coal and cokeˈharbour dues , harbor dues TRANSPORTmoney that a ship owner must pay for keeping a ship in a harbour. The amount of money charged is usually based on the number of tons of cargo the ship is carrying:
• The money collected at the port included customs duties, excise on spirits and harbour dues.
* * *dues UK US /djuːz/ noun [plural]► the payments that someone makes in order to belong to an organization: association/club/union dues »
The law guarantees that no worker can be forced to join a union, or pay union dues, to get or keep a job.»
The organization's largest revenue source is membership dues, and members currently pay $49 a year.► (also harbour dues) TRANSPORT the payments a ship owner makes for using a port: »
Dues for entering the port are calculated based upon the registered net tonnage of the vessel.► UK (US back orders) COMMERCE orders for products that are not available at the time of the order: »
They are not currently recording dues, so there's no point in ordering things that are out of stock.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dues — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Dues o Sirocco es un Mc y productor de Hip Hop mienbro de Sucios Socios y de La Placka. Su grupo se dio a conocer gracias a su colaboracion con Falsalarma en el disco de Alquimia. Con su grupo ha sacado dos maquetas… … Wikipedia Español
dues — fee for membership, 1660s, from plural of DUE (Cf. due). To pay (one s) dues in the figurative sense is from 1943. Giue them their due though they were diuels  … Etymology dictionary
dues — index charge (cost), fee (charge), tax Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton. 2006 … Law dictionary
dues — [n] payment for membership ante, arrearage, assessment, charge, charges, collection, contribution, custom, debit, debt, duty, fee, kickback, levy, liability, obligation, pay, protection, rates, tax, toll; concepts 344,679 … New thesaurus
dues — n. 1) to pay dues 2) annual; membership dues * * * membership dues annual to pay dues … Combinatory dictionary
dues — /dju:z/ plural noun orders taken but not supplied until new stock arrives ♦ to release dues to send off orders which had been piling up while a product was out of stock ● We have recorded thousands of dues for that item and our supplier cannot… … Marketing dictionary in english
dues — /dju:z/ plural noun orders taken but not supplied until new stock arrives ♦ to release dues to send off orders which had been piling up while a product was out of stock ● We have recorded thousands of dues for that item and our supplier cannot… … Dictionary of banking and finance
dues — noun Membership fees. See Also: pay ones dues … Wiktionary
dues — noun Dues is used after these nouns: ↑membership, ↑union … Collocations dictionary
dues — n. payments, fees for membership (in a club or organization); difficulty or experience that new workers endure in a company or organization (as during the first years, a person pays one s dues ) djuË n. something which is owed to a person;… … English contemporary dictionary